When you’re designing your outdoor living space, you need every detail to be perfect. The right size. The best location. The ideal furniture. The perfect BBQ. One major detail you should consider is weather control. How are you going to keep the sun, wind, and rain managed so you have the fullest enjoyment of your space? Two options to consider are retractable sun screens and retractable awnings. Advanced Blinds & Awnings is pleased to provide both options to homeowners in the Inland Northwest.
Retractable Sun Screens
Retractable sun screens are an excellent way to create shade and privacy in your outdoor living space. They’re attached to the eaves of the roof overhanging your patio. Some of the benefits of retractable sun screens include:
Superior Sun Protection
Retractable sun screens can block harmful UV rays from passing through, making your outdoor living space safer and more enjoyable.
Excellent Weather Protection
Depending on the fabric and the weather conditions, sun screens can prevent wind and rain from penetrating your space, keeping you comfortably dry.
Think of sun screens as retractable walls for your patio. At Advanced Blinds & Awnings, we offer sun screens made from more than a dozen fabrics with varying levels of opacity.
Choose the sun screen fabric that best fits with your patio’s décor. And don’t worry about fabric seams in the middle of your sun screens. They can span up to 32 feet without seams.
Increased Energy Efficiency
When deployed, sun screens act as your first line of defense against heat transfer. The denser the fabric, the better insulated your outdoor space will be.
Ease of Use
Retractable sun screens can be raised or lowered with the touch of a button.
Retractable awnings are another excellent option for controlling sun exposure on your patio. They can be operated manually or via remote. Some benefits of retractable patio awnings include:
You can install awnings to provide shade in certain areas, which makes your outdoor space more comfortable and usable.
Awnings are easily extended and retracted so you can change how much sunlight you receive.
Increased Energy Efficiency
Awnings can block the sun’s rays from penetrating into your home when they’re deployed, helping reduce heat transfer.
Advanced Blinds & Awnings proudly uses Sunbrella marine-grade, 100% solution-dyed acrylic on our retractable awnings. Sunbrella fabric resists fading and prevents UV light penetration.
Retractable awnings are easily operated with a remote control or by hand. We offer three different configurations:
- Classic lateral arm awnings combining enduring style and modern machination
- Box Cassette awnings featuring a rectangular compartment where the awning is stored when not in use
- Tensioned shade systems that can be employed vertically or horizontally
The Best Choice for Your Home
Whether a retractable sun screen or retractable awning is right for your home depends on several factors, including:
- The size and shape of your space – Sun screens take up less space when retracted. Awnings can cover a larger area.
- The aesthetics of your space – Sun screens fit a minimalist décor with their sleek appearance. Awnings look more traditional and classic.
- The desired impact – Sun screens can block out insects and prevent wind and rain from entering your outdoor living space. They also offer improved energy efficiency when in use. Awnings block the sun and improve energy efficiency in the room they’re deployed in front of.
Retractable sun screens and retractable awnings are both excellent additions to your outdoor living space. Ultimately, which is best for your home comes down to your personal preferences, needs, and aesthetic. Contact Advanced Blinds & Awnings to learn more about these shade solutions. We’re happy to help you with any questions you have.